Candidacy: Jody Goldberg

Name   : Jody Goldberg
Email  : jody gnome org
Company: Novell

Who am I
    - Maintainer of Gnumeric, libgsf, gnome-control-center,
      libgnomeprint{ui}* and long time contributor throughout the stack
    - Advocate for developing software on the GNOME platform and
      building bridges to expand the user base of that platform.
    - Board Member for the last three years, sometimes as secretary,
      and assistant treasurer.

Goals
    - Promote the use of GNOME as an educational tool.
    - Increase the transparency and clarity of the Foundation's finances
    - Continue to advocate for GNOME based applications

Long Version
    : Promote the use of GNOME as an educational tool.
	I'd like to see GNOME and it's applications used as
	educational tools.  Providing educators and students with
	real life systems to extend and study.  In return GNOME
	could cherry pick the best results of these activities.
	A few courses in Human Computer Interaction could probably
	provide do fair amount of usability testing.  Statistics and
	finance courses have extended Gnumeric's set of analytics.

    - Increase the transparency and clarity of the Foundation's finances
	While GNOME's basic finances are available online via guidestar.org
	our more detailed internal books could still be clearer.
	GUADEC spending falls in the middle of the planning year
	making budgets a mish-mash of partial data.

    - Continue to advocate for GNOME based applications
	I'd like to keep a focus on GNOME development and improving
	our platform.  Co-existing with other projects is useful,
	but it would be far more effective if the disparate efforts
	could share their work.