GNOME Foundation Elections - Amended Timetable

Although ballots for the GNOME Foundation elections were scheduled to
be mailed on Tuesday, the Membership & Elections Committee was
concerned that the announcement of so many of the candidates late in
the nomination period, as well as the somewhat compressed election
schedule, prevented any real discussion and debate prior to the
election.  Since we believe that open discussion is essential to a
truly fair and democratic election process, we have decided to delay
the mailing of ballots (and all subsequent deadlines) for one week.
Ballots will therefore be mailed on November 20, voting will close on
November 27, and the last date to challenge the preliminary results
will be December 4.

In the next week, we invite all Foundation members to question the
candidates on foundation-list regarding their positions and platforms,
as well as the issues facing the GNOME Foundation in the coming year.
Current members of the Board of Directors (particularly
non-candidates) may want to use this time to highlight issues which
your experience leads you to believe are particularly significant.

Please note that none of the earlier deadlines are being changed.
The final list of candidates is as posted on November 10, and the
membership list as of November 8 will be used for mailing ballots.

Finally, please take this opportunity to check your e-mail address
against the address listed in gnome-foundation/membership.txt on the
GNOME CVS server.  If you want your ballot mailed somewhere other
than the listed address, please e-mail us as soon as possible at
elections gnome org

Thank you for your patience, and we look forward to the discussion on
foundation-list.

The GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee

  Chris DiBona <chris valinux com>
  Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com>
  Dan Mueth <d-mueth uchicago edu>
  Mike Newman <mike gtnorthern demon co uk>
  Russell Steinthal <rms39 columbia edu>