Re: changing Application Fonts for debian

Hi Basanta,

Note that his list is inappropriate for this question: it's about
development of Vera fonts.  Your question should have gone to
gnome-list gnome org instead.

Today at 10:44, Basanta Shrestha wrote:

> We are localizing gnome. I have added a font. There is no problem in
> manually changing this font for 'Application Font', 'Desktop Font' and
> Window Title font'. But I need to be make this font one and the only
> default font so that this font is used across whole gnome application
> interfaces. Please note that I can NOT use gui to do this!! Can any
> one tell me how to do this by directly modifying into files? This font
> should be used for all the login users that exists in the system.
> o/s:  Debian linux

Alias it to "Sans" using /etc/fonts/local.conf (look at
/etc/fonts/fonts.conf for example).  If all you care is Gnome, you can
also set default GConf keys system-wide (read the Gnome Adminstration
Guide for that one).

Cheers,
Danilo