Re: weird representation for FFFD

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
I don't think freefont is part of fedora.

No it's not.

dejavu just made it in fedora extras. Does it have the same problem ?
(if the answer is yes the dejavu people seem to fix their fonts pretty
fast - just make them release a fixed version and I'll respin the dejavu
package)

http://dejavu.sourceforge.net
Cool. It still doesn't have the "standard" U+FFFD char (�) though :(

As for freefont I've never used it. If it's not a Vera derivative and is
half decent I may be coaxed into packaging it for FE. Otherwise I've
already decided dejavu is the only project that is trying hard to merge
all the Vera variants in an open way so I won't push any other
Vera-derivative in FE now.

http://www.nongnu.org/freefont/
It's not a vera derivative, and having used it for a week
or so, I've noticed kerning issues especially at smaller
font sizes. It might be a good fall back though, or as
a base for merging into dejavu? It really covers a huge
amount of unicode characters.

--
Pádraig Brady - http://www.pixelbeat.org