Re: Arev update (Vera compatable Greek/Cyrillic/Symbols glyphs)

Tavmjong Bah wrote:

Hi,

	I've updated my "Arev" version of the Vera Sans Serif fonts. Changes
include the addition of Cyrillic and Symbol glyphs as well as the
addition of bold versions. Files and more information are available at:

	http://tavmjong.free.fr/FONTS/

The hinting on the original Vera characters seems to have somehow been stripped out; Linux' auto-hinting still handles it quite well, but the same can't be said for Windows' font renderer. Looking at the files in FontForge, the individual characters' instructions still seem to be there, but the 'fpgm', 'prep' and 'cvt' tables, which are called upon by the font renderer for hinting purposes, have somehow disappeared.

--
Cody "codeman38" Boisclair
cody zone38 net