Re: Greek Glyphs

Hi Tavmjong,

Yesterday at 22:06, Tavmjong Bah wrote:

> 	I have made available an extension of the Bitstream Vera Sans fonts
> with Greek letters. The motivation was to create a matching set of
> glyphs for use in equations. This is a "Beta" release. Please report any
> problems found. The fonts are available at:

Great to hear this!  Are you planning on working on other faces as
well (bold, serif, mono)?

>  	http://tavmjong.free.fr/FONTS/

Are these actually usable in ordinary Greek texts as well?  If so, I
would love to see these in DejaVu fonts (http://dejavu.sf.net).  It
would be wonderful to have DejaVu 1.7 released with Greek glyphs as
well :)

We should probably also try to "sync" some Cyrillic and Greek glyphs,
since they share the same look in at least sans-serif face (eg. Greek
Gamma and Cyrillic Ghe, Greek Pi and Cyrillic Pe, etc.).

Cheers,
Danilo