Re: What happens when gtkrc file cannot find the font?

Hi,

    I understand the fontconfig part and I've setup
aliases  to pick up fonts from the system. But, if the
fontconfig cannot be used, how does the rc file pick
up the system font? I appreciate you rhelp. Thanks.

- Barath.

p.s. - I'm setting the X server with a fontpath (xset)
instead of using fontconfig.

--- Nicolas Mailhot <Nicolas Mailhot laPoste net>
wrote:
> Le ven, 14/05/2004 Ã  11:37 -0700, Barath K.
> Seshadri a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> >    I setup my gtkrc file to find a specified font
> from
> > my fontpath and everything works fine. Is there
> anyway
> > to default to a system font if the rc file cannot
> find
> > the specified font instead of throwing an error to
> the
> > stdout?
>
> You should probably just define an alias in
> fontconfig with a fallback
> to a system font (It'd be fun if you could have
> another alias like Sans
> as fallback - sunno if it works)
>
> --
> Nicolas Mailhot