Greek chars in Bitstream Vera

Hello from Greece!

There is strong interest in adding Greek characters in Bitstream Vera,
in order to result to a free complete typeface that can be used
here in Greece.

ELLAK is also willing to financially support this endeavor.
ELLAK (http://www.ellak.gr) is an open-source Greek community,
supported by the Ebusiness-forum of the Greek Research & Education
Network (http://www.grnet.gr/).

We are also pushing hard for nation-wide adoption of OpenSource solutions
as the preferred platform for all (secondary) schools and public sector.
Therefore the inclusion of a (weel-drawn) font containing Greek characters
is of paramount importance.

Now, questions:

- I have already contacted a number of type designers (mostly here in
  Greece) that might be interested in performing the job.
  You wouln't happen to have any names/contacts of people as well ?

- How should we proceed, so as to ensure that the final result
  is included in the "official" Vera distribution ?  We wouldn't
  like to have a separate derivative work under another name...

- The Copyright FAQ mentions that "Jim Lyles will be providing
  a document describing the design elements used in Vera,
  as a guide and aid for people interested in contributing to Vera."
  It this document available ?

Vera's large x-height makes it challenging to correctly (and pleasantly)
design some lower-case Greek chars, which have closed loops
above the x-height, but that's for the professionals to solve.

- Any other advice ? :-)

Thanks in advance,
--
-- zvr --