Re: Baltic Encodings

<Jim Gettys hp com> wrote:

>It depends how motivated you are.
>
>The issue would be doing decent hinting of those overstrike characters,
>I suspect; it sounds like hinting in general is where the significant
>work is, rather than the outlines of the characters, though in this
>case it might be easier than general case.
>
>I don't know what the best tools on Linux for trying to do hinting might
>be: there are commercial tools on Windows and maybe Mac for doing font work.

Yes, please do.

Maybe, we (Inga and I)could contact the Latvian Linux community and see if there's any interest+ability there. I'd immagine there would be wide-spread interest in getting the vera family fully internationalized for roman based alphabets, and not just for the Baltics.  Vera is really a nice font set IMHO.

Thanks

Phil Long