characters with diereses in Vera Sans Roman, Bold

I downloaded the beta version of Bitstream Vera family and
noticed that dieresis (or umlaut, trema) in U+00DC (LATIN
CAPITAL LETTER U WITH DIERESIS, ü) is not lined up
with the center of U, in large sizes.

For example, in the outline of Vera Sans Bold, center of U is
at 831 and dieresis is centered in 807. I and i with diereses
and these characters in Vera Sans Roman also have misalinments,
to a lesser extent.

I, U and i in sans serif typefaces have very geometrical
shape and have clear stems. This makes misalignments very
visible. Therefore, if not designer's special intent exist,
it should be geometrically centered in upright faces.

KANOU hiroki <kanou mil allnet ne jp>