Amateurish cyrillic glyphs: "Bepa" font

Hi everyone,

I'm shameless enough to announce that I have extended Bitstream Vera
Sans fonts with cyrillic glyphs (Unicode 0x400–0x47f), even though
they're not comparable to the rest of Vera Sans (that's what
shamelessness is about ;). I didn't work on Serif typefaces.

I've chosen a confusing name of "Bepa" (cyrillic "Бепа", not "Вера" :),
just for the fun of it, and to comply with the licensing restrictions.

I've used Pfaedit to create missing glyphs, and to add kern pairs.

Roman, Bold, Oblique and Bold Oblique variants are provided as TTFs
at http://kvota.net/fonts/, and source Pfaedit SFDs can be checked
out using CVS:
  cvs -z4 -d:pserver:anonymous cvs kvota net:/cvs/i18n co fonts/bepa

I'm already using them for my desktop (the main reason I worked on
them is my wish to use completely free [as in freedom] and good
looking font for my desktop; Nimbus Sans from urw-cyr doesn't look
very nice, even though I did extend it with missing Serbian glyphs),
and there are no any obvious problems at low resolutions.

[I am willing to use Gnome CVS for these if that is allowed, and
would not be considered "conflict of interest"]

Of course, the hinting is that provided by Pfaedit, I may have messed
up even the Latin part of the font (like metrics, etc.), and I have
copied ETH to Dstroke (Đ), to be able to use Latin transcription of
Serbian with these fonts (this one is required for Croatian and
Bosnian too).

Any comments are welcome, though I don't promise to be able to work
on it substantially as long as fonts work fine for me.  Contributions
of whatever form are indeed welcome.

As for my configuration, I just drop the four TTFs into my ~/.fonts/
folder, and they automagically appear.  I use FreeType2 without
bytecode interpreter (so it makes use of autohinting), and they're
looking quite fine for me.

Hope at least someone finds this useful.

Cheers,
Danilo