Re: Vera Sans Roman unable to display on MacOS X

On Friday, April 18, 2003, at 12:14  PM, CodeMan38 wrote:

Andrew Frezell wrote:

I recently downloaded the 1.10 vera fonts and noticed the Vera Sans Roman at any point size is unable to display characters. All it shows is boxes in place of the actual character. Any ideas on what this could be? I'm running OS X 10.2.5.

Don't know, but I converted the fonts to MacOS Classic suitcase format, if you want to see whether those will load (the converted fonts did definitely work on OS 9, at least). Haven't had much of a chance to test them in OS X (my only access to Macs at the moment is in one of the campus computer labs), but the beta versions worked perfectly fine.

http://www.zone38.net/font/bitstream-vera.sit

-- Cody B.
  cody zone38 net
  http://www.zone38.net/

Actually, doing further tests the problem seems to be localized to TextEdit.app. I'm currently using the Vera Sans Roman as the default font for Safari, Microsoft Word, OminGraffle and it works like a charm. Most likely this is a bug in TextEdit.app and how it handles the Vera Sans Roman font...very strange.

Drew

---
Andrew Frezell
Software Engineer