Re: ImportStore.cs ??

On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 13:27 +0200, Ruben Vermeersch wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-20 at 13:02 +0800, Bengt Thuree wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Is this ImportStore used anywhere?
> >
> > Seems to be empty.
> > What is the plan for this one, or can I happily remove this one and
> > replace it with the following:
> > 1) imports_adm  : import_id, date, number of imported photos, Label
> > 2) imports_data : import_id, photo_id
>
> Do we have to have a label for each import? I imagine this would add a
> whole slew of UI to "manage" imports. Is it worth to add all this
> complexity to f-spot, given the limited added value it gives?
It might be.
For me, I am happy enough with the date, but someone might want to label
them as "Party", "Zoo" or whatever.
I can skip the Label if majority thinks it is not needed.

> But more important: why do we want a "number of imported photos" field?
> We can calculate this number on the fly with smart SQL.
:) Faster... but perhaps not needed as you stated :)
Skipping it.
(One reason to keep it, could be to keep just the adm record and delete
the data. But that would mainly be for historic reasons, and I can not
see any need for that.)

/Bengt