CreateCategory taking a ***LONG*** time - problem with EmitAdded?

Hi all,

I've been experimenting more with my tag import code, using the F_SPOT_QUERY branch and I've discovered that creating new categories can take a really long time. I've seen it take several minutes to process the call to tag_store.CreateCategory() - and it looks like most of that time is spent in the call to EmitAdded (new_category) in the CreateCategory call.

I haven't had the time yet to look any deeper --- Are there known performance issues with EmitAdded? I haven't tried this in cvs HEAD, but I didn't notice this when I was working with the 0.1.11 snapshot - is this specific to the F_SPOT_QUERY branch?

From the name, I assume EmitAdded is intended to notify other parts of f-spot that a new category was added... is this necessary during the import phase? Could we add an optional argument that turns this off?

Any other suggestions? Even just importing a few hundred pics with a variety of tags can take a *LONG* time with this delay...

Thanks,

Warren