Importing images, why duplicates?

Hello all,

I don't quite understand the idea behind the image import. I have a bash
shell script that imports images to a certain directory and I want to
import all images from that directory.

When I upload new images and the do an import I get duplicates of already
F-spot imported images. Is there any way to prevent this?

Cheers,
- Artur Gajewski

ps. Just wanted to let you know, that along with this great application
and Gimp's UFRaw plug-in, I am now a full-time Linux FC5 user. Previously
I had to go to Windows to do my image editing with RAW Shooter's Premium.