Re: Revamped Duplicates Patch

On Wed, 2006-03-15 at 13:40 +0100, Thomas Van Machelen wrote:
*snip*
> > This ties into my next point, that I think users would
> > expect doing a Find Duplicates to not search just the photos they have
> > selected.  If we can make it so that checking all files for being
> > duplicates is fast, that should probably be the only option.
> >

> I don't know about this one.  I'll wait for some more feedback to
> decide what would be the best approach here.

I'm on Gabriel's side here, I'd rather not go through all my pictures to
find dupes, I want to select a menu item and instantly see all the
pictures that are nuke-able.

Great patch btw! I hope it calculates the MD5 solely on the visible
image data and not on the EXIF data? (This is altered when a picture is
tagged).

Kind regards,
   Ruben

--