Re: Update script for 329841 finished. Comments?

HI Bengt

2006/3/6, Bengt Thuree <bengt thuree com>:
> > Though it's not functional programming, why not use continue instead of
> > huge if's (making most of the code drop 2 indents):
> Have not changed this. Thought it was well commented, and easy to
> follow. If there is a strong request to change and use "continue"
> instead I will look into it.

It's not that the code isn't clear enough, it's just a matter of
reducing code nesting and making code look easier on the eye.

Let's quote from the f-spot hacking document:
<quote>
        Since we are using 8-space tabs, you might want to consider the Linus
        Torvalds trick to reduce code nesting.  Many times in a loop, you will
        find yourself doing a test, and if the test is true, you will
        nest.  Many times this can be changed.  Example:

                for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
                        if (Something (i)) {
                                DoMore ();
                        }
                }

        This take precious space, instead write it like this:

                for (i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
                        if (! Something (i))
                                continue;
                        DoMore ();