Re: Some way to write the meta data back into the photos as a

On On, 2006-03-01, 11:12, Stephen Norris skrev:
> On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 18:38 +1100, Stephen Norris wrote:
>> On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 01:22 -0600, Larry Ewing wrote:
>> > To answer the original question:  To work around the speed issue you
>> for
>> > the immediate future you could turn off metadata writing and do your
>> > actual tagging.  Once you've finished tag every changed image with a
>> > dummy tag then turn metadata writing back on and remove the dummy tag.
>> > All the images should be updated with the current settings at that
>> point
>> > (but it will take a very long time).

I think we need an extra button in the Preference or File menu.
For syncronising data between SQLite and Photo meta data.
Some people might start with not writing the tags to the photo, and then
sometime later change their minds. Would be nice to have just one button
to Syncronise All/Selection pictures.

Possible work flow :
1)adding a dummy tag to those pictures which meta tags have not been
stored in the picture,
2) active Meta Tags store in Picture,
3) remove the dummy tag.
4) When finished, disable the writing meta tags to Photo.