push for 342137: status

Remember the goal/challenge/social experiment I started 1 week ago ?

What we've done so far:
- the patch is CVS-compliant. Great.
- a lot of guys (you) wanted to be part of the experiment. Great.
- something between 5 and 10 people really tested it and made a lot of
comments on the ml, and a few on bgo
- some, but not enough, have made complete review of the code
- the patch was updated a lot of times, regarding the comments the users
made. Thanks Bengt for your disponibility and your reactiveness.
- we started the discussion about the differences between Bengt and
Warren versions.

What need to be done (due date: next friday):
- Larry need to give his views of having this in HEAD, but he was busy
all the week.
- Find a solution to handle sidecars (Warren's version)
- more in-depth complete review
- commit in HEAD

What we learned so far (after all it was an experiment):
- 2 weeks for a goal seems to be right. I guess it's difficult to make
it quicker (for big patches)
- F-Spot have a wide developer base (at the project scale) that respond
'I'm in' when you ask.
- People don't like to write (formal) reviews. As Ben stated, it's
funnier to write patches.

Next report in one week...

best regards,

Stephane