Re: To get me to switch, F-Spot needs...

On 7/3/06, Seb Payne wrote:

e.) Slideshows with music (intergration with Banshee's Library?)

I don't know of any related Banshee library. Do you? :)

f.) Searchable functions - e.g. search for tags, rating, description, author

There is a separate development branch of F-Spot that has a more
versatile search system. Rating is not implemented yet.

As for the rest, most/all of features you mentioned are planned.

accessing system for tags needs to be better. Searching is a must have so I
can find images quickly and easily - why not use the same Lucene.NET backend
as Beagle or whatever Banshee uses.

Banshee doesn't use any part of Beagle's backend :)))

B works fine Flickr but thereis no
smugmug support. They have an Open API - it is a popular service for
professionals.

There is a patch to add export plug-ins. Once it's in the CVS, support
for smugmug may appear quickly depending on presence of interested
developer.

Alexandre