Re: Album Support

On 8/29/06, Warren Baird <photogeekmtl gmail com> wrote:
John Stowers wrote:
> Please share your thoughts about Albums and Collections

I'm a big fan of having clearly defined, conceptually distinct names for
things.   If "Album" and "Tag" refer to almost identical things - it
makes me a bit nervous.

I think that a normal user would want an Album to be slightly broader
than a Tag. I know I would at any rate. Eg an Album could contain all
images with specific tags and with a specific rating. Also it could be
useful if it's possible to add comments to the Album and sync an
entire Album to Picasaweb/Flicker.

So in a sense an Album could be implemented as a dynamic search, or as
a static group. But it should be possible to add comments or other
information (websync) to it. Personally I think it could be worthwhile
to collect all similar ideas and try to figure out what makes them
different and how it can be implemented in a similar fasion.
(Groups/Stacks are kind of similar to this, as are Versions.)

/Marcus