Re: Goal #3: item 'Photos dir'

On 8/16/06, derek vandivere net <derek vandivere net> wrote:
With regards to options on how the $PHOTOS dir will be organized, how are
you thinking of implementing that? The bug requests to be able to organize
by tag, but I guess you'd have to select one top-level tag to sort by
(e.g., People, with subdirs for each Person tag). Personally, I'd like to
see an option to organize the dir by month taken rather than day (since I
don't take so many pics).

This would be best solved by links at filesystem level, in best case:
hardlinks. In such scenarion a user could simply take
~/Photos/tags/birthday/me/2006/ subdirectory and backup that to a DVD
without even launching the f-spot.

Another alternative would be to write a FUSE filesystem to show photos
in a tag structure of f-spot, also allowing for more complex searches
using complex path names of some sort.

--
Best regards,
   Aigars Mahinovs        mailto:aigarius debian org