Copyright management through tags

Hello,

I would like to know whether simple changes would be acceptable to
manage copyrights of pictures.

I use a root-category/tag named "Copyright", and create subtags named
"by Jean-Christophe Dubacq", "by Joe Smith", "by Larry Ewing". Then I
attach one of these tags to each picture.

Enhancement request: if a tag is named "by ..." and is child of a
"Copyright" (translatable tag), then it is a "copyright tag". The
copyright string in the EXIF information when exporting is built from
all copyright tags if there is at least one: "(c) [Year picture
taken-Year last modification] [Name of author]".

When importing a picture, if there is a copyright EXIF string, remove years
at beginning (artistically crafted regex), isolate author name, create a
tag "by ..." if it does not already exist, file it under "Copyright".

More workflow information: I now set the copyright first when importing
a batch of pictures to the owner of the cam, and use this info to select
all pictures from a specific cam and adjust the time. There is currently
no way to select from the "Camera" field or from the "filename style" or
even from the "file path" (I usually copy myself the pictures in
self-arranged directories sorted by event/camera, such as
2005_08_15_wedding/jcd or 2006_04_easter/friend/).
--
JCD