Re: gentoo libexif.so.12 problem

John Russell wrote:
While trying the 0.1.3 release of f-spot I ran in to the problem
described in this post.

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/f-spot-list/2005-October/msg00039.html

missing libexif.so.12.

The post acknowledges the problem, however, is there a way to make
this work on Gentoo?  Thanks for the help.

John
Search for the f-spot.exe.config and edit it to point to the correct libexif version
no guarantee but that did the trick for me.

But keep in mind that the config file will not get overwritten when you emerge a newer f-spot (since it's modified). So unmerge f-spot, remove the config and emerge new version. put a sticker on my desktop to remind me for this procedure ;)

Jens