Re: Accounts.xml file permissions

By the way, I've changed the file permissions manually to 600 (chmod 600 Accounts.xml) without seeing any problems in F-Spot.  Might be worth doing if you use this feature.

Also, the path in my previous note should have been ~/.gnome2/f-spot/Accounts.xml (I left off the initial /).

--
Steve

Douglas McMorris wrote:
Steve Rosen wrote:

The file ~.gnome2/f-spot/Accounts.xml seems to contain info on Web Gallery accounts.  The file includes passwords in clear text, and its file permissions are 644.  This allows anyone to read the file.

Ideally this file should be encrypted, but in the meantime, could its permissions be made 600 so only the owner can read/write it?
--
Steve