Re: IPTC --> XMP and rename/move

Hej

I have now managed to retreive the following IPTC and EXIF tags from a
photo, and am in the process of creating automatic tags for them as well.
For a sample of the tags, look at the below 'debug' output.

Am now trying to create Categories and Tags associated with each photo.
Not to easy for me since I am a beginner in both C# as well as in F-Spot.
Having problems adding values to tags...

I am using the C# assembly from
http://renaud91.free.fr/MetaDataExtractor/index.html. This mainly for the
IPTC tags, but I also get all the other tags, which is not the best
perhaps.

Do anyone have any comments on this so far?

Would it be possible to have the categories/tags like this? (Mainly for
the IPTC tag persons, since in reality it is KeyWord...)
Makes it easy to modify them afterwards if needed.

EXIF
        Width
                1600 pixels
                2592 pixels
	Make
		Canon
		Nikon
	Model
		Canon DIGITAL IXUS
IPTC
	City
		Tokyo
		Stockholm
	Country
		Japan

/Bengt

Picture 1
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Make  Tag:Canon
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Model  Tag:Canon DIGITAL IXUS
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Exposure  Tag:1/30 sec
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Shutter  Tag:1/16 sec
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Aperture  Tag:F 2.8
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Flash  Tag:Flash fired
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Width  Tag:1600 pixels
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Height  Tag:1200 pixels
New tag >> MainCategory:IPTC   Category:Persons  Tag:Jasmine
New tag >> MainCategory:IPTC   Category:Photografer  Tag:Jade
New tag >> MainCategory:IPTC   Category:City  Tag:Panyu
New tag >> MainCategory:IPTC   Category:Location  Tag:Morfars apartment Panyu
New tag >> MainCategory:IPTC   Category:Country  Tag:China
New tag >> MainCategory:IPTC   Category:Copyright  Tag:Jade and Bengt

Picture 2
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Make  Tag:Canon
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Model  Tag:Canon PowerShot S50
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Exposure  Tag:1/60 sec
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Shutter  Tag:1/32 sec
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Aperture  Tag:F 2.8
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Flash  Tag:Unknown ("73")
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Width  Tag:2592 pixels
New tag >> MainCategory:EXIF   Category:Height  Tag:1944 pixels
New tag >> MainCategory:IPTC   Category:Persons  Tag:Jasmine
New tag >> MainCategory:IPTC   Category:Photografer  Tag:Bengt
New tag >> MainCategory:IPTC   Category:City  Tag:Yokohama
New tag >> MainCategory:IPTC   Category:Country  Tag:Japan
New tag >> MainCategory:IPTC   Category:Title  Tag:Yeah! Ice!
New tag >> MainCategory:IPTC   Category:Copyright  Tag:Jade and Bengt

--
Bengt Thuree   bengt thuree com    www.thuree.com/bt