Working on a patch to modify date / description

Hi ho,

I'm working on a patch that will let the user set the date and description
database fields for one or more photos. Right now, I'm implementing it as
a separate dialog that just shows the two fields, probably with a calendar
widget to help select the date. The idea is if more than one photo is
selected, then the changed date or description will be applied to all of
them.

For now, I'm calling the menu item "View Photo Metadata", but it may make
sense to implement is as a single tabbed dialog with EXIF data on one tab
and database fields on the other.

It is taking a while, since I'm completely brand new to Gtk and that sort
of thing, but it shouldn't be too tough to get it working once I've
figured out where to put all the code (started last night, and got as far
as creating and laying out the window, but no data yet).

If anyone has a suggestion or thought for how the UI ought to work, I'd
love to hear it.

Cheers,
Derek