Re: Picasa2 effects

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 09:51 +0100, Jens Ansorg wrote:
> Bengt Thuree wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Just played abit with Picasa2, and must admit that I am impressed with the
> > simple Effects, Tuning and Basic Fixes it has.
> > What is the future plan for F-Spot in this area?
> >
> There is gimp for that and much more.

Very true... especially for the "much more" part

> I'd prefer f-spot to become a great image catalog/database first before
> implementing those editing cpabilities.

I agree, that is the first priority. But the extra small things would be
nice to have I think. A lot of users do not know how to use Gimp, but
they will feel perfectly happy with F-Spot, if they can do some minor
special effects. No thoughts of competing with Gimp, but rather
implementing some easy to use/implement filters.

/Bengt