Re: Calendar view

On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 20:37 -0700, Alan Bailward wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-10-19 at 00:55 +0200, Sverre Johansen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > First I have to say that this application is starting to look great!
> >
> > Is there planned to create a Calendar View, like Photoshop Album has?
> > Where I can see the pictures for a specific day, not just the month.
> > Is this something you want, or is it just ruled out as "not needed"?
>
> Another nice feature that I'd love to see is to group files by time of
> day / picture taking session.  IE: Say you download your files from CF
> or whatever.  Generally pictures are taken in groups, ie: at 8:00 you
> took 10 pictures of something, then after another hour or two you took
> some more, then two days later you took more.  The files are all from
> the same CF card but of different distinct subjects (or could be).  Most
> photo management apps think of the images from an import as one session,
> ask you for a name or directory, etc.
>
> What would be nice is to be able to present the images grouped by when
> they were taken.  A pretty simple algorithm could check for the biggest
> gaps between image creation date and use that... then the images are
> presented to the user in a grouped format for viewing or naming.

The way I was hoping to accomplish this was with with the concept of
import groups and some basic frequency analysis on import that would let
you split the group when it finds gaps and offer merge the groups across
imports if the photos match closely in time with other prexisting import
groups.  None of this is implemented.

--Larry