EXIF and IPTC meta data

Hej

I just happend to find this software, and am very interested in it.

I have not been able to find out if F-Spot handles EXIF and IPTC data though.
Hopefully someone on this list would be able to help me on this.

I have some 1000+ pictures (growing by every week) and want to be able to
set the various EXIF and IPTC data (like country, town, people, keywords,
comment etc) on one or more pictures at a time.
I would also like the EXIF and IPTC data to be exported back to the JPG
picture so other programs could see them. Do not mind to store this in a
small database first, and then later do a resync to syncronize with the
JPGs (import or export).

I am currently using the demo version of Iview MediaPro which works very
nice in this. For more information regarding Iview MediaPro check below.

Thanks in advance, and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I have found a
Photo Album Management software for Linux, so I can start to manage our
growing image library.

Bengt

http://www.iview-multimedia.com/products/mediapro/index.php
"iView MediaPro 2 supports the import, editing and export of media
annotations (also called meta data). It supports annotations in the
resource and data fork (JPEG/Photoshop). MediaPro allows the creation of
favorites for consistent editing. Annotations can be saved back to the
original file or remain in the catalog separate from the file. MediaPro
supports the following annotation/meta data standards"

But I really would like to have an application that can modify EXIF and
IPTC parameters