Re: No Subject

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 16:21 -0400, Lee Willis wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 12:53 , Larry Ewing <lewing ximian com> sent:
>
> > On Fri, 2004-06-04 at 15:45 +0100, Lee Willis wrote:
> > > I created a patch to add support to allow you to simply drag a photo,
> > > or photos to a tag and have them associated with the tag. The patch is
> > > available online at:
> > >

> > Does it attach the selected Tag or the one you drop on? What happens if
> > multiple tags are selected?
>
> Just to the tag you drop on. The selected status of tags isn't taken into account.

Ok, it might makes sense to do something different if multiple tags are
selected but that doesn't need to hold things up.

> > > http://cgi.lwillis.plus.com/p/dnd.patch
> > >

> > This url doesn't seem to be loading now so I can't review it at the
> > moment. Does anyone on the list have a copy they can send me?
>
> I've emailed it to you separately - apologies

No problem, definitely my fault for being so slow.

> > I'm really sorry, I was busy at the the time then forgot about the patch
> > completely. In the future please submit a bug for f-spot at bugzilla.
> > gnome.org and attach the patch (along with a ChangeLog entry) so that
> > even if I drop the ball or the website goes down (or both) I can pick it
> > back up when time permits.
>
> No problems - will do.

Thanks.

As for the rest of the patch it looks nice, but I think we could
probably simplify it a bit.  If we add another custom internal to f-spot
drag type for photos we can avoid parsing the uri list and doing the
lookup and instead just use the the currently selected photos from the
iconview.  It doesn't make sense to tag photos not in the db and I'm not
sure it makes sense to allow people to drag photos from other apps to
the tag selector from outside f-spot even if they are in the db.

On the other hand importing photos by draging them to the iconview does
seem nice and needs very similar logic.  Any thoughts?

--Larry