Re: [evolution-patches] fix for 57653 : toolbar visibility
- From: William Jon McCann <mccannwj pha jhu edu>
- To: JP Rosevear <jpr ximian com>
- Cc: evolution-patches lists ximian com, product-design-bugs ximian com
- Subject: Re: [evolution-patches] fix for 57653 : toolbar visibility
- Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 10:34:26 -0400
JP Rosevear wrote:
On Fri, 2004-04-30 at 16:48 -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
Here is a patch that enables the toolbar to be hidden.
Please let me know if this looks ok?
I'm not sure this is something we want to do given that the tool bars
follow the GNOME settings now.
The toolbar icon/text style follows the GNOME wide settings (except for
the New button). However, one of the other GNOME interface guidelines
is overall toolbar visibility.
"Allow toolbars to be turned on and off in your application's
Preferences dialog and by using the View->Toolbar menu item. If there is
more than one toolbar, they are turned on and off by individual entries
in the View->Toolbar submenu."
Viewing the month view of the calendar with the toolbar, search bar, and
sidebar hidden is a data-centric thing of beauty.
] [Thread Prev