Re: [evolution-patches] patch for bug 48759
- From: Jeffrey Stedfast <fejj ximian com>
- To: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>
- Cc: Charles Zhang <Charles Zhang Sun Com>, evolution-patches <evolution-patches lists ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [evolution-patches] patch for bug 48759
- Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:34:02 -0400
yea, I agree.
On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 12:22, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> > > I prefer popping up some dialog to explain some reason, with the filesel
> > > dialog open, because it is convenient and the user can save much time
> > > for it.
> > > or you think this way of solving isn't inconsistant with the rest of
> > > evolution either?
> > i wouldn't necessarily be against having the filesel dialog stay open
> > until the user entered a valid filename - but we shouldn't do this for
> > 1.4.x.
> > unfortunately, I'm not sure we can actually manage to make all the
> > filesel dialogs behave this way, and so I think we should just make it
> > do what my patch does and leave it at that.
> By the time 2.0 is out the new file selector in GTK will (hopefully) be
> done... So it sounds like it's not worth spending too much time fixing
> the behavior with the current one.
Evolution Hacker - Ximian, Inc.
fejj ximian com - www.ximian.com
] [Thread Prev