[Evolution-hackers] Evolution-2.6 for MAC OS X (10.3, 10.4)

Haven't seen much traffic about this, so I'll just post away.

The bit I've pasted below was the last traffic I can find on this list
with regards to the Mac OS X port of evolution.

I can't seem to make sense of the reply at all. I can't find the new
accounts wizard anywhere, and believe you me I've been looking. The
app runs fine now that I've done a full fink install of gnome (before
that it had no icons, etc). But, still, no exchange account type or
server type.

Can anyone expand on the reply  below? It's not terribly helpful. I'm
not looking to be held by the hand, but oblique references to "your
create new account wizard" aren't really much help at all.

BTW, the readme has a few errors. Among them, the URL to sign up for
this mailing list. Luckily, I realized that the message was posted to
mail.gnome.org and figured out that was the place to sign up (NOT
lists.ximian..).

Thanks for any help, and really nice work getting the thing running at
all. I understand it's not terribly easy, and wouldn't want to try
compiling it myself.

Cheers,

Brad

"

1) The readme is here

http://forgeftp.novell.com//evolution/builds/osx-evolution-2.6/README

2)  In 2.6 The exchange module does not work as a different component. Its
been integrated to work as imap, groupwise etc. So you will find account type
exchange in your create new account wizard.

Also make sure that the exchange plugin is checked in the edit->plugins tab

It should work.

3) Dude, it gets installed in /opt/gnome-2.14

delete that to uninstall it.  The installer is in /Applications move that to
thrash.

--
Shreyas
"