Re: [Evolution-hackers] How do I query a password from a calendar backend?

Hi Chenthill,

On Thu, 2006-05-04 at 22:16 +0530, Chenthill wrote:
> Hi jules,
>  It is not a good idea to prompt password from the backend. Probably you
> could write a plugin in evolution for creating the specific calendar and
> check if you need authentication before setting the auth property.
> e_password_get_password would get the password if the password has been
> remembered.

Thanks for the advise. I've tried different approaches and have settled
on an external helper application that pops up the libedataserverui
password GUI and saves the password in gnome-keyring.

My problem is that I want the mail account to integrate with the
calendar and tasks backends. This means that one password query for an
Exchange account is all that it should take for mail, calendar and task
accounts to logon to Exchange using evolution-brutus.

I really dislike the idea of having separate password/settings dialogs
for the calendar, mail and tasks even though they in reality refer to
the very same Exchange mailbox.

My approach integrates these account(s) into a single user-perceived
account - the mail account. Once the mail account is configured it
automatically enables the Exchange Calendar and Tasks in the Evolution
UI. This works just fine here.

Best regards,
  jules