[Evolution-hackers] emacs ChangeLog macro

I've noticed a lot of inconsistantly formatted ChangeLog entries so I'm
sending out this email so the hackers can all add it to their .emacs
file (since I'm guessing they don't have it?).

(setq user-mail-address "fejj novell com")
(setq user-full-name "Jeffrey Stedfast")

(defun changelog-entry ()
  "Add entry to ChangeLog"
  (interactive)
  (progn
    (if (equal (file-name-nondirectory (buffer-file-name)) "ChangeLog")
	(progn
	  (basic-save-buffer)
	  (kill-buffer "ChangeLog"))
      (progn
	(add-change-log-entry)))
;	(insert (current-time-string) "\n")))
))

(global-set-key "\M-n" 'changelog-entry)

To use this ChangeLog macro, simply hit Meta-n (Alt-n) while your cursor
is in the function you just changed. It will automatically add an entry
to the correct ChangeLog file in the source tree of the form:

<blank line>

I figure a lot of you guys are manually typing this stuff out by the
looks of it, so this should make it a lot easier for ya ;)

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Stedfast
Evolution Hacker - Novell, Inc.