Re: [Evolution-hackers] ECalBackend vs. ECalBackendSync

Hi peter,
       You would need to implement both. The ECalBackendSync class has a
sync lock, which is used if the backend can handle only one operation at
a time. It provides the results immediately to the caller.

ECalBackend class provides notifications to the client from EDS.
Please go through http://www.go-evolution.org/EDS_Architecture for more
details.

On Mon, 2006-07-31 at 03:08 -0400, Peter Colijn wrote:
> Suppose I am writing a new calendar backend. Which of these two
> interfaces is preferred? If I implement ECalBackendSync, will
> operations on the calendar cause the UI to block?
It depends on how client is designed.

- Chenthill.