Re: [Evolution-hackers] Persisting ESource

Thanks Harish.  The property I want to persist is the remote folder_id that maps to the ESource instance.  The problem I'm having is if the user creates a new Calendar in Evolution, the ESource is created before I've a chance to create a remote folder.   After I create the remote folder, I would like to add a new property to the ESource that contains the folder_id of the remote folder.   I worked around this problem, but I'm not happy with it and my code would be much cleaner if I could persist this value in the ESource.  Is this possible, or am I doing something wrong here?  Is there a better way for me to do this?

Scott

----- Original Message -----
From: Harish Krishnaswamy <kharish novell com>
To: Scott Herscher <scott herscher zimbra com>
Cc: evolution-hackers gnome org
Sent: Tuesday, July 25, 2006 4:15:11 AM GMT-0800
Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] Persisting ESource

On Mon, 2006-07-24 at 14:36 -0700, Scott Herscher wrote:
> Hey all.  I'm trying to add a property to an ESource instance after it
> has been created.  This change doesn't seem to persist at all.  In my
> ECalBackend class, I call e_source_set_property(...).  Looking at the
> code, e_source_set_property() just add the key /val to it's hashtable.
> Where and when does it get written out to disk?  How do I ensure this
> happens?

What is the property you wish to persist ?
Generic properties that need persistence should go into GConf (you can
refer to the schema that defines what are saved).ECalBackend objects
signals the change in property values to ECal objects and changes
to/from GConf are synchronized.

ESource properties specific to remote servers (such as GW) are usually
saved to the server and retrieved every session.

HTH,
Harish