[Evolution-hackers] pvl_list structure in libical

Hi all, I've recently started maintaining Evolution for Red Hat.

I'm debugging some calendar crashers, and my sniffing around has led me
to the pvl_list data structure in evolution-data-server, located in:

        calendar/libical/src/libical/pvl.[ch]

The source code is dated November 1995 and looks to be isolated to
libical.  It's basically a linked-list of void pointers, and I don't see
anything useful here that GList doesn't already provide.  Plus, the
utilization of GSlice for node allocations -- rather than raw
malloc()/free() calls as pvl_list uses -- might yield a small
performance improvement.

I'm tempted to purge it from libical and replace it with a GList
structure, but first I wanted to check with the upstream maintainers to
see if they'd accept such a patch.  Are there other issues here that I'm
not considering, such as API stability?

Thanks,
Matthew Barnes