[Evolution-hackers] Announce: Scalix Connect for Evolution

Hello fellow Evo-hackers,

it is my pleasure to announce the availability of Scalix Connect for Evolution, a full-featured Evolution 2.4 connector for Scalix 10, which has been released today. Scalix Connect for Evolution provides full integration with the Scalix server, including email with public folders, calendaring & scheduling, addressbook and system-directory lookup through LDAP and much more. Through the use of ical, interoperability with other systems is guaranteed.

Scalix Connect for Evolution is also our first open-source project. The source code is available from the Gnome CVS (module 'evolution-scalix'), and binary packages are provided for download from the Scalix homepage (www.scalix.com). We encourage everyone to give it a try (the Community Edition of Scalix 10 is free), file bugs on bugzilla.gnome.org and start hacking on it. For the time being Christian Kellner and myself are the maintainers for this project.

Last but not least, kudos to Christian who did a wonderful job for us during his summer vacations and thanks to the people on this list that helped out with any questions we had. Also many thanks to the people at Scalix (esp. gelliot aka Mr. ical) who helped making this product real.

-cg