Re: [Evolution-hackers] ... and how camel should be

Hiya,

On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 22:38 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 15:10 -0500, Jeffrey Stedfast wrote:
> > This would take several years to implement - likely to require complete
> > rewrites of at least some of the providers.
> >
> > I don't really see this happening anytime soon.
>
> What about the disk summary branch?
Hmm... Yes, it exists, as Michael wrote it, never been tested and worked
on since then. I have just started some work on it - to get it merged
with the HEAD (once we branch for 2-14), and i shall keep it posted
here, whenever it happens.
The details of the branch are here
http://go-evolution.org/On-disk_summaries (written by NotZed)

> Will this branch have likewise functionality?

The disk summaries branch does something on those lines, but it also
means a lot of disk I/O than before, and only after prolonged
testing/usage would we now how well it would work.

> Difficult is fun.

:) Am glad this discussion has begun.

-partha