Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution crashes on start GAL

hi alejandro,

evolution-hackers mailing list is for discussion of code/hacking only,
not about usability or user problems! please only use evolution users
list instead, which i cc'ed here.

Am Freitag, den 10.02.2006, 09:02 -0600 schrieb Alejandro Bonilla:
> After some hours, i was able to get working my Evo with Exchange, but then I
> had the bad idea of going into the profile and adding ldap.mycompany.org and
> now whenever I load evolution, it crashes and doesn't allow me to change the
> profile and remove that.

which evolution and evolution-exchange version are you using exactly
(you can use the command "rpm -qa|grep evolut" to find out)?
if you start evolution from a shell, is there any valuable output?

ok, evolution crashes, and a stacktrace is always good to find out what
went wrong. please start evolution within gdb by using the command "gdb
evolution" and then "run". when evolution crashes, type 'thread apply
all bt'. you will now get a stacktrace. at the end, you can leave gdb by
using the "quit" command.
you can find more information on getting a gdb backtrace/stacktrace at
http://www.gnome.org/projects/evolution/bugs.shtml , section "Debugging
Evolution's Crashes."

cheers & thanks in advance,
andre