Re: [Evolution-hackers] [Camel] How can I get a reference to the store class from another class?

On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 04:08 -0600, Susarla Parthasarathi wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-09-13 at 09:56 +0000, Jules Colding  wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > There is a connect method in the transport class. I would like to use
> > the connect method that I implemented in the store class. How do I get a
> > reference to that one from a CamelService?
> If you want to use the same session, just implementing the send_to
> method should do.
> You could get the service object from CamelTransport and further get the
> pointer to the CamelStore. Getting a session from the store should be
> easy.

Something like:

   CAMEL_SERVICE_CLASS(parent_class)->connect(service, ex);

from within the transport connect() method?

But I gather that I don't need to do this as I can connect explicitly
from within the send_to() method in the transport instead?

Isn't it cleaner to connect in connect() and let the upper layers worry
about using send_to() without being connected?

Should I ever call connect() in send_to() or is connect() called from
above before send_to() is invoked?

Should I return an exception if I am not connected in send_to() or
should I connect myself?

Thanks,
  jules