Re: [Evolution-hackers] Bonobo activation fails... gconf/schema related?

No, the schema warnings - like gconf in general - are just rubbish.  It
never checks the schemas anyway, they are just used for some stupid
defaults which should be in the code instead, and the ones it will be
finding from the system install will work fine enough (and nothing
important is looked up at this stage either).

All i can think of is some vesion mismatch somewhere.  Make sure you
clear out any eds/camel related libraries from your install directory -
the versioning is so broken you can't have previous installs lying
around.

Try using strace perhaps to see what it's trying to load, use "strace -f
-o trace evolutio-2.4" then quit and use a viewer to look at 'trace',
since it will generate gobs of stuff.  Grep for things like opening
libevolution-mail.so, ".server" files, etc.

You may want to run bonobo-slay first too, so you don't get some data
loads hidden.