Re: [Evolution-hackers] Obtaining Camel

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 19:00 -0500, Matt Ronge wrote:
> I'm looking to write a IMAP client for Mac OS X and I'm in the process
> of finding a IMAP library to use. I've stumbled across Camel and I would
> like to try and use it for my project but I have a few questions:
>
> • How dependent is Camel on, Gnome and/or the rest of Evolution
camel runs in evolution process but its an independent library. It
doesn't depend of Gnome either.

> • Where do I obtain Camel, I went to the link listed on the site
> (http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/evolution/camel) but there are no files in
> that location.

The source code lies in e-d-s package. Checkout:
http://cvs.gnome.org/viewcvs/evolution-data-server/camel

> I did a check out from CVS and I found some stuff in the mail dir, is
> that what I should be looking at?
That is using camel for evolution, see if you want to have a look, it
has nothing specific to camel-imap

IMAP implementation is in camel/providers/IMAP

> Any other recommended IMAP libraries to take a look at?

  camel/providers/IMAP4 is another implementation. (This is just
experimental). It has implementation of multiple namespaces as well.

Thanks,
Vivek Jain