Re: [Evolution-hackers] [CAMEL] CamelStore create_folder() name constraints...

On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 10:05 +0200, Jules Colding wrote:

> OK. So the point is that _most_ backend servers wont allow it, but that
> _some_ servers might allow it. I should therefore check that no
> identically named folder exist and refuse to create an identically named
> Evolution regardless of the nature of the backend server. Right?
>
> My concerns are with regard to Exchange. The point is that most, but not
> all, message store providers will reject identically named sibling
> folders.
Am really not sure how Exchange works. Have to look it up.

> The documentation for the PR_DISPLAY_NAME actually states that sibling
> folder must be uniquely named but somewhere (don't remember where) MSDN
> only states that _most_, but not all, message store providers require
> unique PR_DISPLAY_NAME.
>
> Forcing unique sibling folder names on creation will partly solve the
> dilemma, but what should happen when identically named siblings are
> found anyway?
If indeed a protocol(server) allows you to have identically named
locally. The filesystem would obviously not allow us to have identical
siblings. So i think we inherently are(although its not very obvious)
forcing unique sibling folder names.

-partha