Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evo 2.2.3

On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 16:13 -0500, Alejandro Bonilla wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I normally connect to a local IMAP server, and I have 2 problems with the
> current evo in Debian Sid.
>
> 1. I lost all my Contacts and they are not getting generated as I use Evo
> right now.
Lost?? How did you lose them? And by "getting generated" do you mean the
contacts are not being put into your addressbook?? If so, please go to
your "Automatic contacts" tab in "Mail Preferences" and chose your
settings.

> 2. I will not be notified of new messages until I move between folders of my
> IMAP account (to draft to Inbox and so on) the Send/Receive button will have
> no effect. I'm also not notified of emails, but if I close Evo, it
> inmediatelly tells me that I have email and then closes as I asked it to
> close. (Will show the number of new emails in the Inbox (4) while closing)

you would have to enable the option, "check for messages in all folders"
in Account preferences, "Receiving options" tab for Evo to check all
mail folders. And also, enable "Automatic checking of mail" in the same
tab.

-partha