Re: [Evolution-hackers] evolution-data-server from Desktop to Platform?

On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 10:55 -0400, JP Rosevear wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-05-26 at 16:24 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:
> > (resending this because I had sent it to an old helixcode address)
> >
> > I'm wondering, how close are the evolution-data-server APIs to being
> > stable/nice enough to become part of the GNOME Development Platform?
>
> Harish probably has more concrete answers, but for GNOME 2.12 there is
> an attempt to preserve bin compat with 1.2.  However imho i think the
> api will need to break one more time before it hits the developer
> platform.

Why this desire to preserve bin compatability, it doesn't seem
worthwhile at this point ...

With no proper e-cal-component object, the nasty e-sources stuff, no
mail storage api, and the awful CORBA interfaces, I'd say there's still
a long way to go, in my humble opinion of course.