[Evolution-hackers] Re: Attachment UI Improvements

On Thu, 2005-05-05 at 15:53 -0400, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> Composer
>   - Fix Drag'n'Drop of files to Composer

Right now if I drag a file to the composer, it actually pastes the
file's URI into the composer.  Blech.  It should simply attach the file
to the mail.

Another thing which Rodney did not mention is that the text in the
attachment bar needs to be changed.  Currently it says "<b>1</b> File
Attached" when a file is attached.  Sometimes attachments are not files,
however, as when I forward a mail to someone.

The attachment zone header should say "<b>1</b> Attachment" instead.

Another issue that we've seen in some of our usability tests here is
that people are confused by the file selector in the context of
attaching a file to a mail they are composing.

First they click the 'Attach' button in the composer's toolbar, then
select a file using the file selector.  Then, they hit the '+' button in
the file selector to add the attachment to the mail.  Of course, this
button is for adding bookmarks to the file selector, not for adding
attachments to mails.

It would help if the button in the file selector said "Attach" instead
of "Open," and if the icon were attachment-appropriate.

>   - Use attachment icon list area for display instead of buttons

This will require that we add a "Save attachment" menu item to the
right-click menu on the attachment area.

>   - Make "Save All Attachments" easier to access

I think there could just be a button in the attachment area.  This, and
the slideshow button would probably be worth mocking up.

Nat