Re: [Evolution-hackers] Win32 portability issues

On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 12:51 +0300, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
>  > Camel cannot depend on many gnome-related libraries because of the
>  > threading issue - including anything that uses gobject.
>
> Hmm, please explain more... Are gobjects inherently non-thread-safe?

I believe the situation is that GObjects are currently non-thread-safe
(refcounting etc doesn't lock the object).  Note that the Fluendo guys
have been working on patches to make GObject threadsafe, so that
GStreamer can then be threadsafe.

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./